This is one of my favorite awareness techniques! The Inner-Body Awareness Technique is an ancient Shiva method and has been used for very long time.
But this method is as well one of the main techniques that Eckhart Tolle gives you to return to the present moment.
The Inner-Body Awareness Method helps you to become more in touch with your inner body. It will keep you healthier, looking and feeling younger, and it feels really good.
For me this technique has a big impact.
You will really start to enjoy connecting with your inner body, it gives you this really light and happy feeling.
When you practice it, you will soon notice that you can apply this method anytime and anywhere. For example waiting will suddenly becoming a pleasant moment. But you can as well do it when you are talking to someone.
Benefits of the Inner-Body Awareness Technique
After practising this for a while you will find that:
– You feel a lot calmer. This method is helping you in dealing with anxiety. When you concentrate on feeling your inner body, it will override any negative thought patterns.
– You will feel more joy. When you use your inner body awareness and come back to the present moment, you are living through your body, not the mind, and the mind chatter eases off. This is a very pleasant and peaceful feeling.
– If you practice this before you go to sleep you will notice that you will sleep better.
– If you focus on inner body awareness you will find that you achieve this state of stillness in the present moment.
INNER-BODY AWARENESS METHOD:
- You may find it helpful to close your eyes for this practice. As described above, after practising it for a bit, when “being in the body” has become natural and easy, closing your eyes will no longer be necessary.
- Start with directing your attention into the body.Feel it from within.
- Feel your hands, feel each finger, each fingertip, the palm, the top, every detail, feel the energy of your hands. Feel the Inner body blueprint start to energize, tingle, vibrate in your hands. Feel your ‘inner hands’. ( for one min or longer).
- Now do the same with your feet. Feel the Energy Body of your feet ( for one min or longer)
- When you have connected with your inner hands and feet slowly let this awareness of your Inner Body spread to the rest of your body. Just let it come, let it happen. Don’t push it. Just ‘notice’, just ‘sense’ your inner body.
- Keep allowing this. Feel your body. Is it alive? Is there life in your hands, arms, legs, and feet — in your abdomen, your chest?
- Can you feel the subtle energy field that pervades the entire body and gives vibrant life to every organ and every cell? Can you feel it simultaneously in all parts of the body as a single field of energy? Eventually, you may find your whole body ‘pulsing’, ‘vibrating’, ‘humming’ with your attention on the Inner body.The more attention you give it, the clearer and stronger this feeling will become.
- Let yourself ‘bathe’ in this Inner-Body energy for as long as you feel comfortable.
Use this method in your daily life:
Feel the inner-body even when engaged in everyday activities, especially when engaged in relationships (when you talk to someone) or when you are relating with nature.
The idea is to become in a state of permanent connectedness with your inner body — to feel it at all times.
The practice of inner-body awareness will develop into a completely new way to live your life, a state of permanent connectedness with Being, and will add a depth to your life that you have never known before.- Eckhart Tolle
After you have the energy moving and are feeling your inner body, you can place your attention on particular spots in your body that you would like to ‘heal’, energize, assist in coming back into full cooperation and functioning with the rest of your body. This is a very powerful way to assist the natural healing power of the body.
Photo credits: Dean Moriarty via Pixabay